Industry News for Performance Health
Akron, Ohio 44310
- Lacy Alexander, PhD, Penn State University, State College, PA, USA
- Lars L. Andersen, PhD, National Research Centre for Working Environment, Copenhagen, Denmark
- David Behm, PhD, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. Johns, Newfoundland, Canada
- Barton N. Bishop, DPT, SCS, CKTI, TPI CGFI-MP2, CSCS, Sport & Spine Rehab, Washington, DC, USA
- Tony Brosky, PT, DHS, SCS, Bellarmine University, Louisville KY, USA
- Duane Button, PhD, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. Johns, Newfoundland, Canada
- Juan Carlos Colado, PhD, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
- Todd S. Ellenbecker, DPT, MS, SCS, OCS, CSCS, Physiotherapy Associates, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
- Jeff Forman, PhD, BCTMB, Professor Emeritus, De Anza College, Cupertino, CA, USA
- Jay Greenstein, DC, Sport & Spine Rehab, Fort Washington, MD, USA
- Barbara Hoogenboom, EdD, PT, SCS, ATC, Grand Valley State University, Allendale, MI
- Andre Labbe, PT, Owner, Total Package Performance, LLC, New Orleans, LA, USA
- Michael Rogers, PhD, CSCS, FACSM, Wichita State University, Wichita, KS, USA
- Mary Sanders, PhD, FACSM, RCEP, CDE, University of Nevada, Reno, NV, USA
- Robert Topp, PhD, RN, Marquette University, Milwaukee WI, USA
- Timothy Tyler, MS, PT, ATC, PRO Sports Physical Therapy, Scarsdale, NY, USA
- Michael Voight, PT, DHSc, OCS, SCS, ATC, CSCS, TP1-3, FAPTA, Belmont University School of Physical Therapy, Nashville, TN, USA
- Leo Y.L. Wang, PT, MPH, PhD, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China
Akron, Ohio – January 5, 2015 – The eighteen individuals appointed to Performance Health Academy’s 2015 Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) represent five countries and expertise in physical therapy, chiropractic, exercise science, athletic training, and massage therapy, and exemplify diversity in disciplines and cultures. The SAC meets once a year at its annual TRAC meeting to present research and findings on TheraBand, Biofreeze and Cramer Sports Medicine products.
2015 Scientific Advisory Committee Members –
“I’m very proud of the distinguished group serving as our advisory committee, now in its seventeenth year. At last year’s annual TRAC meeting, 26 research projects were presented,” stated Phil Page, PhD, PT, ATC, CSCS, FACSM, Global Director of Clinical Education and Research for Performance Health. “In addition to the significant body of research presented, last year’s members published over 22 papers and abstracts, including nine collaborative projects during a twelve month period.
“Over the past 16 years, we have built tremendous synergy among prominent professionals with varied experiences, training and backgrounds. This diversity ensures a balanced blend of clinical and research data, and exposes different points of view from various disciplines and cultures,” concluded Dr. Page.
Click here to read the Scientific Advisory Committee members’ bios.
Since its founding in 1999 as the TheraBand Research Advisory Committee, the annual TRAC meeting has evolved to include more disciplines and broader research initiatives across multiple product lines. The attending Scientific Advisory Committee members review and discuss research they have conducted on Performance Health products and identify clinical research needs. The 2015 meeting is being held in Vancouver in July 2015.
About Performance Health Academy
The Academy was formed to scientifically document the benefits of resistance exercise and pain relief, guide the company in its development of new products and exercise programs, and to promote therapeutic exercise and pain management through professional and consumer education. The Academy web site is a unique resource that connects healthcare professionals and consumers to the ever growing body of knowledge on exercise. Registration is free and provides access to the largest database of rehab exercises, protocols, research and education in the world.
About Performance Health
Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, Performance Health is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of branded rehabilitation and wellness products sold into a variety of U.S. clinical markets, leading national retailers and in over sixty countries through a multi-national network of distribution partners. The Company’s product offering includes an innovative line of market-leading topical analgesics and a broad range of rehabilitation and wellness products. Performance Health markets its diverse product offering under the well-known and highly recognized TheraBand™, Biofreeze®, Cramer®, Bon Vital'® and Thera°Pearl® brand names.