Keynote speakers will be:
- Niels Nilsson,DC,MD, PhD, associate professor and director of studies at the Institute of Sports Science and Clinical Biomechanics at the University of Southern Denmark;
- MarkBisby, MA, Dphil, vice president of the Canadian Institute of Health Research;
- Arne Ohlsson,MD, MSc, FRCPC, FAAP, professor in the department of health policy, management and evaluation at the University of Toronto; and
- Greg Kawchuk, BSc, MSc, PhD, assistant professor in the faculty of kinesiology at the University of Calgary, and chiropractic research chair of the Canadian Institute of Health Research and the Canadian Chiropractic Association.
Among the topics of the conference:
- chiropractic's evidence-based role in various diseases and conditions, including cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, cancer provention and diabetes;
- aspects of chiropractic care beyond manipulation; and
- cerebral vascular accident (CVA) risk management, presented by DCs Scott Banks and Greg Dunn, chief operating officer for the Canadian Chiropractic Protective.
For more information on the conference, call the FCER at 515-282-7118, or go to www.fcer.org.